Saturday, February 18, 2023

Quilting Friends

 Created for Project Quilting 14.4 - A Novel Project.



For my inspiration book, I chose The Quiltmaker’s Gift by Jeff Brumbeau and Gail de Marcken. My friend, Mary Lou, gifted this book to me for Christmas, 2002. It is a wonderful children’s story with amazing illustrations. I chose to make a friendship star quilt since one is shown on the page where the quiltmaker throws the quilt out the window to keep it from the king. And it also honors the many wonderful memories of the hours I have enjoyed quilting with my friend, Mary Lou.

As a side note about my week. Pip (my third granddaughter, age 11) had a big basketball tournament this weekend. I finished the binding on this quilt this morning while travelling to watch her play and took this picture in the parking lot between games. So, instead of my usual wood floor, this one has the blacktop parking lot in the background. I am so blessed to have 6 amazing grandchildren in my life. Every one of them is a special gift.

Created by Diane Lapacek near Poynette, WI
14" x 27"

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous entry for PQ14.4, Diane!! Your selection is such a special book with sweet memories attached.

    ReplyDelete