Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Meet Me At Infinity


I created Meet Me At Infinity for the Project Quilting Focus Through the Prism flying geese challenge.  

My husband, Frank, was out mowing the future apple orchard.  We're going to plant alot (2700 or so) of apple trees out there next year. But for now, it's just a deer fence around a field.  You can see the long grass on the left and the freshly mowed areas in the front and on the right.  It will look alot different a year from now.  And by 2018 it should have lots of apples!  Fun!!!

I started by sketching the design on a 20 inch square of freezer paper.  The flying geese sections were paper pieced and I put indigo fabrics together randomly to create a more interesting background.  The curved piecing was pretty challenging and I will admit to doing a little hand stitching to make the center work.


Created by Diane Lapacek near Poynette, WI

2 comments:

  1. Oh Diane, your challenge pieces are so wonderful! I love the wide variety of fabric you used and I'm very impressed by your piecing! Cool quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were fearless in your fabric selections and piecing...great design!!

    ReplyDelete