Saturday, March 23, 2024

Royal Irish Chain

 Created for Project Quilting 15.6 Irish Chain challenge.

 

For this challenge I did a pretty standard Irish Chain. Because I am incapable of finishing a project that isn't super scrappy, I made the entire project from 1 1/2" finished squares. I had thought to use blues and greens with gold for the chains. I even went so far as to pull out a collection of fabrics. I was straightening up my studio before starting to cut and came across this basket of scraps in pinks and purples already cut into 2" strips and left over from a project I finished last week. 


I decided it was a sign that I should change my color scheme and save myself some time. In the end I had almost the exact strips I needed. Good planning!

Created by Diane Lapacek in rural Poynette, WI.
14" x 40" 

1 comment:

  1. A very pretty Irish Chain quilt and very small scraps!

    ReplyDelete