Sunday, January 28, 2024

Sky Colors

 Created for Project Quilting 15.2 Sky Color challenge.

I started with a quick pull of fabrics I thought fit the Sky Color theme.


I simply cut a 5 inch square from each, then stacked them in 3 separate piles. One pile was cut at 1.5 inches, one at 2 inches and the last at 2.5 inches. I worked with one pile at a time putting the top piece from one stack on the bottom and sewing them all back together. 

After all were done, I mixed them all together and made them into 3 new piles. Each pile was cut  perpendicular to the first cut, again using 1.5, 2 and 2.5 cuts. then sewed them back together working on one pile at a time and moving one piece from the top of one stack to the bottom.


Created by Diane Lapacek in rural Poynette, Wi.
11" x 33"


1 comment: