Sunday, March 22, 2020

VV Squares

Created for the Project Quilting 11.6 Vibrant and Vivacious

This was the perfect challenge for a week when we all needed a little lift. Bright sunny fabrics always make me happy. 

I went back to one of my old favorites, the Squarey Quilt. Inspired by a quilt made by Kim Lapacek many years ago, I have made this in many versions and sizes over the years.

I started out thinking I'd make blocks in 2, 3, 4 and 6 inch sizes, then fit them all together. I got started and decided 6 inches was too big for the small project I had in mind. And I soon found myself not making any 2 inch blocks because they were really small. Go figure! So I ended up with 3 and 4 inch blocks. Not really a good fit with each other. I thought about making the 3 inch blocks bigger, but instead each size got it's own row. It works for me. This is a nice table runner size and will brighten up my island.

Created by Diane Lapacek near Poynette, WI.
15" x 35"

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the glorious rainbow goodness. Swoon!!! Enjoy that cheerful runner.

    ReplyDelete