Saturday, February 24, 2018

Sunflansy

Created for Project Quilting 9.4 Mellow Yellow challenge.



When I saw the Mellow Yellow theme for this challenge, I immediately thought of sunflowers.  And I'm still doing string quilts, so I figured some string blocks inspired by sunflowers would fit the ticket.

So I cut 6" x 9" rectangles of foundation fabric and made string blocks using yellows. I cut center squares in brown and added green leaves, then put the squares together to make blocks.

Now I could see my mistake. Sunflowers have petals that come out from the center, but I had oriented my blocks so the petals went around. I could rip them out or I could adjust my concept. If only I'd changed the center squares to purple, I could have said they were pansies. Oh, well.  I'll just call them Sunflansies and we're good to go...

Created by Diane Lapacek near Poynette, WI.

14" x 42".

No comments:

Post a Comment