Saturday, January 21, 2017

Carolina Lily Table Runner

Created for the Project Quilting Season 8 Carolina Lily challenge.

I had no clue what to do with this challenge. It was super icy here, so Frank and I spent Monday and Tuesday in the commercial kitchen at the orchard making Caramel Apple Jam and Honeycrisp applesauce. All of a sudden it was Wednesday and I knew I needed to start something, so I decided to do a quick and simple table runner. I started with a striped fabric for a background, layered and quilted it, then cut triangles to make the Carolina Roses.

I simply laid the triangles down and stitched around them, then added skinny strips of green for stems and added a little butterfly.


Then I threw it in the washer and dryer to help the edges fray a little. Done in one afternoon. Perfect.



Created by Diane Lapacek near Poynette, WI.
16" x  34"

2 comments: