Sunday, March 8, 2015

Window of the Secret Flower

I was really pressed for time this week since we were on vacation and didn't arrive home until about 4 pm Friday.  I had been thinking about my favorite fabric, though and knew it needed to be one of the Spoonflower fabrics my daughter-in-law, Kim, had given me a couple of years ago.  She had taken pictures of my quilts and manipulated them, then had them printed on fabric.

I made a quick trip to my stash and pulled out my Spoonflower fabrics and decided on this one.

Kim made it from a picture of this quilt.


I cut it down and used just 1 quarter of the piece.  I thought a simple convergence technique would fit my time frame.

I wanted to move the flower down to the corner, so I cut the bottom off.


Better.  I was going to throw the cutoff part in my orphan block drawer, but decided on this instead.


I had my 3 lovely granddaughters overnight and they named it for me.  They are being really helpful right now by not talking to me until I get this up.  I tried to do it last night but couldn't seem to stay awake ...  

Finished size is 15" x 22".

I create in Poynette, WI.

  

1 comment:

  1. So cool! I tell you, Diane, you are an inspiration!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete